Library Collections Coordinator – Job no. 1408
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is currently considering applicants for the position of Library Collections Coordinator. The Library Collections Coordinator reports to the Director of Library Archives and is responsible for coordinating the acquisition of all library and some archival resources; handling the paperwork for all donations to the Library and Archives; and managing the inventory and physical space for all library collections.
1. Coordinates the acquisition of all library resources, including monographs, serials, audio and video recordings, and research databases.
• Carries out the purchase of library resources under the guidance of the Director and the Public Services Librarian.
• Confirms existing holdings of potential donations and purchases.
• Handles the physical receipt of all library resources.
• Keeps acquisitions records and maintains related paperwork.
• Serves as the primary contact person with various library vendors.
• Monitors the library acquisitions budget.
2. Manages the paperwork for all donations and Museum/Foundation transfers to the Library and Archives, including deeds of gift for library and archival materials, acknowledgement letters, donor correspondence, and shipping documents.
3. Processes all incoming library materials (monographs, serials, audio and video recordings) and prepares them for cataloging; performs check-in and processes claims for serials.
4. Manages the inventory and physical space for all library collections.
• Monitors the physical space and arrangement of library resources on the shelves among the closed stacks and public areas.
• Manages the storage and location tracking of library and archival collections in staging rooms.
• Manages the weeding and deaccessioning of library resources as needed.
• Advises on needs for rehousing, repair, and/or disposal of damaged library materials.
• Performs rehousing and basic repairs of library materials as needed.
• Orders supplies needed for rehousing of library materials, including boxes, shelf files, and folders.
5. Works with Library and Archives staff to improve procedures and workflow for all of the above.
6. Under the guidance of the Catalog and Metadata Librarian, may perform basic copy cataloging of library materials (including monographs, audio and video recordings).
7. Staffs the Library and Archives Information Desk as needed.
8. May supervise interns and volunteers to assist with collection management tasks.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
Duties include but may not be limited to the above.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• College degree preferred. A master’s degree in library or information science is welcome but not required.
• Two (2) to three (3) years library experience, preferably in an academic, research, or special library environment.
• Experience with libraries acquisitions functions preferred.
• Experience using an integrated library system preferred.
• Experience handling special collections preferred.
• Experience performing copy cataloging of library materials preferred.
• Outstanding team orientation, flexibility, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented with ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Knowledge of rock and roll history and related popular music genres is preferred.
• Computer literate in standard office management software, including Microsoft Office applications.
• Must successfully pass a reference check, background investigation and drug screening.
Ability to work up to 40 hours per week; any shift as assigned, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Ability to work additional hours as workload demands. Hours are primarily 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. A Saturday or weeknight may be required on occasion.
For consideration, please submit resume, cover letter and salary history.