Requisition ID: 1001855
Position ID: P01429415
Academic Title: Video Archivist & Post Production Specialist
Department: Information Technology Services
Location: University Park Campus
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hiring Range: TBD
|Job Announcement||The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. & is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university & a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students & staff that make the university what it is.
USC’s Information Technology Services is seeking Video Archivist to operates and maintains broadcast video equipment and asset management systems within the Post-Production group. Supervises and trains a large team of student workers. Ensures the integrity of the archive. Provides video editing services for patrons including ensuring requests for distribution copies of the archive are fulfilled. Receives and catalogs new additions to collections(s). Preserves, maintains and restores materials, as needed.
• Oversees the collection, management and transfer area that consists of racks of broadcast video equipment, a content management system and staff that operate all of the systems. Administers educational, instructional and/or reference materials collection(s). Ensures the integrity of tapes in the archive. Oversees preservation projects concerning tapes in the archive. Provides services for patrons.
• Provides leadership, guidance and direction to staff and/or student workers within unit, as assigned. Schedules and assigns work and sets priorities. Demonstrates techniques, equipment or procedures to others. Trains employees as needed.
• Oversees the design and development of information systems. Defines the needs and oversees the development and/or modification and integration of software and/or software tools for the collection. Troubleshoots a system that is down. Ensures compliance with department and university policies.
• Defines equipment needs. Selects special collection items or equipment for purchase.
• Oversees the fulfillment of access requests and responds to requests for information concerning the collection. Determines how to handle problematic requests and/or the cost for a particular access request. Inventories collection; reconciles and organizes data and reports concerning the location and condition of the collection. Uses accepted methods of protecting and preserving delicate documents, and video and digital materials.
• Modifies and implements operational procedures for the collection. Interprets policies and procedures.
• Gathers facts and figures to develop a budget. Provides projections as appropriate.
• Receives, inventories, catalogs and shelves or stores all new acquisitions according to professional standards.
• Stays informed of new developments and technologies.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
|Job Category||Information Technology – Database Administration, Information Technology – Other|
|Minimum Education||Bachelor’s degree Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education|
|Minimum Experience||2 years|
|Minimum Field of Expertise||Specialized knowledge pertinent to materials in collection(s) and archival equipment Knowledge of scanning techniques and digital file formats. Video post-production experience.|
|Preferred Experience||Specialized knowledge pertinent to digitization, transcoding, and preservation. Video and Audio Post-Production Experience
Skills with the following:
|Supervises – Nature of Work|
|Preferred Field of Expertise|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Quicklink for Posting||http://jobs.usc.edu:80/postings/31178|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter